Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Central America (#5)

The human spirit is alive and well despite the present difficulties we face on the economic front. I have been honored to know a man who exudes principles of the higher reasoning we humans strive to gain and present in our own personal ways. Freedom to pursue opportunities that should be universal higher ideals isn't practiced on our planet with equality. Who deserves and who doesn't isn't always easy to have to decide. In America a price was paid in our revolution from Britain. Americans have earned their freedom through the principles allied with liberty. Not so with other geographic areas that are still to this day under the seige of less than instead of as equal to. My heart goes to those who would so want what we have to the point of jeopardizing their personal survival. What a precious reality we Americans should represent. My friend is now more than friend, he is my brother whom I would sacrafice for as surely I would for the mother who birthed me or the woman I love. My path of transcending my previous selfishness is moving forward.

No comments: