Sunday, February 22, 2009

Decisions (#23)

My recently deceased friend Chuck used to say to me "hard telling not knowing". I will always "know" that his description of uncertainty is timeless. Patience, is a pause in time, which allows for unknown factors to reveal themselves in an understandable way. To hold off on decisions when not enough information is available, is wise and prudent. However some decisions must be made due to time constraints. These decisions often involve a gut feeling for which intuitiveness, or a lack of, determine the decision. My fear is that at some point in my life I will be responsible to make a life or death decision that carries consequences beyond my own life into those of others. I attempt to continue learning in the hope that I will be better prepared for most any dire contingency. Always my motivation, when making a decision, is for the betterment of humanity and by extension everything good in existence.

No comments: