Monday, February 9, 2009

A new day (#10)

I want to start by apologizing for my uncomfortable semi-public demonstration of emotion yesterday and hope that I will be forgiven. I am definitely human and given to showing some emotion when I am strongly moved by it. I am looking forward now toward a future still brimming with promise. The clarity of my vision for my future is not the destiny I hoped for but nonetheless an event now more wrapped in exciting expectant mystery. Man of Hope is my blog name but also my enduring spirit; so what the future holds will come to be my destiny. Trying to understand how my days will be lived through the lens of my new claim to a future is yet to be determined. I trust as the days continue, the consistency of my life will take the form that is healthy for me and inclusive of those who care enough about me to want to find a way to stay in my life. A new day indeed!


"What we obtain to cheap, we esteem to lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value..." Thomas Paine was right and I intend to follow his sound advice.

2 comments:

CS said...

Right on uncle! Moving forward to experience what is around the corner brings around a new excitement that can only be brought on by adventure. I will always be behind you uncle and I am happy to see that you are moving in a direction that brings you joy.

Anonymous said...

Yes son life is and adventure we never know for sure how it will go, you can be sure you have people who love you and will stand by your side however it goes.Keep being that man of hope it makes others have hope also.Love you