Sunday, March 15, 2009

Alone Together (#44)

I often sense an incompleteness in my gut that makes me believe I am missing a fulfilling relationship. This sense I feel is not unusual to all humans so I don't think that I am alone in this experience. The perfection of feeling this sensation of incompleteness is that we've all had some semblance of a fulfilling relationship to compare it with. I know that I don't deserve nor am I promised a complete fulfilling life but nonetheless I crave this circumstance with the good and greatest parts of myself. Maturity is the principle that helps me rise above the unsettling sensation of not having a relationship that makes me feel complete. Too many humans have been denied individual rights and privileges of life much greater than a sense of incompleteness. The maturity to recognize that my feelings are not as significant, when weighed against the denial of liberty and life others in this era of ours must and do endure, is properly correct. Living with my incomplete feeling is not so difficult when properly measured against the struggles our brothers and sisters in life also live with. My eternal hope is to find the comfort my soul strives for but fate will have her destiny regardless of my best intentions. In this we are all truly alone together.

No comments: