Sunday, March 29, 2009

Light in the Dark (#58)

In today's economic reality making ends meet is a daily struggle. That is if we are are fortunate to make ends meet in completing our responsibilities and necessities. This daily struggle does offer opportunities for me to reconnect with members of my family. Yesterday my sister and brother in law moved a couch to our parents and then another one to my apartment. The time we spent helping each other brought us closer together for a few hours. The three of us drove in the same truck together on a nice saturday morning with the windows down and singing with the songs on the radio. We made jokes about ridiculous trivial things and enjoyed good laughter. Despite our individual struggles to meet daily needs we were able to enjoy the time we spent in a care free, loving life, kind of way. The homemade cinnamon rolls and coffee at dad and mom's helped maintain our happy go lucky moods. Regardless of the economic up and downs our society throws at us we must never lose sight of our, better and best, nature's ability to shine. Yesterday I felt like the teenager I was with all of my hopes and dreams still ahead of me. What a refreshing time I spent with my family finishing what we set out to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Son I have to comment on this blog because I want you to know the best part of any of our day is to spend time with our childern I'm glad you enjoyed your time too even though the couches were heavy we really appreicate having good childern who are willing to help and spend some time with the folks. Love You Mama and Papa

Anonymous said...

A wonderful time had by all it seems. Caroline and I certainly enjoyed our time with our family. What a wonderful experience! If we look at our lives as learning, positive experiences rather than chores or have to do's, not only will we smile more, but we will as you said, come closer together..

Hart & Caroline