Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Cat (#33)

This post is going to be a little different than of my "normal" posts. It is about my cat. His name is Carter but I call him little baby. He was so small when I got him that the name of little baby just stuck. He was lounging in the sun out on the front sidewalk of my apartment the other day when my next door neighbor came home. My neighbor and her husband are very quiet and unassuming. Her shyness is apparant. My front walk is shared with these neighbors. When the lady saw my cat sunning himself in her path she paused and crept up to him in a friendly way. My cat let her close the distance between them and allowed her to pet him in a caring, respectful way. I was able to see this interchange between her and my cat. The look of simple pleasure on her beaming face is why I am writing about my cat. The purely simple connection she and my cat shared was why life is so valuable to experience. My cat brought out an emotion from my neighbor that to me will always be priceless. My cat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Son, I love this story about your cat its presious I truely believe animals are a gift from God for us humans to love ,care for and make us smile when sometimes when we just don't feel like smiling good job Love Mom