Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Expectation of Friendship (#47)

Most important is the absolute joy I have when I find that someone else cares enough about me to be my friend. So what is a friend? Time tells, but so do actions. I have spent enough time with some of my oldest friends to know that they stay in touch with me and help me understand circumstances in my life. Friends listen to me with a discerning attention to not only my words but how my words effect me emotionally. I know this because I do the same for them and our responses are similar. I can share a personal situation and know my friends care about how that situation turns out for me. We seldom know how to solve all our problems but we support each other as best we are able at the time. Friends are a personal connection of consistency to overall life that can be, at times, confusing, abusive and overwhelming. The people who have stayed my friends have continued to treat me the same way I have treated them, with care and a hope for their best expectations possible to come true. When we make mistakes toward each other we admit it and try never to make the same mistake again. Friendship isn't perfect but it's the attempt to be perfect which makes friendship worthy of having.

No comments: