Monday, March 9, 2009

My smile (#38)

I have been told many times by my family, friends and complete strangers that they love my blue eyes. Well, over time the blue has faded somewhat and I don't hear the blue eyes compliment as often anymore. However, When I look at myself, what I think stands out the most is that smile of mine that resembles a half-smirk. I am NOT at all trying to smirk but it seems to me to look like a smirk regardless. Smirk or not, it is a happy expression that I am most fortunate to still feel in a most humble way. It isn't easy to smile a lot because of all the unfulfilled dreams in my life. I look at my hopes, wishes and dreams as what I would want for Christmas. If I get them then fantastic, if not, oh well, its still Christmas. I am like most people I suppose, getting a gift is emotionally humbling. But I am one of those people who finds fulfillment in giving gifts. I know that it isn't much in the big picture of gift giving but if all I can give is my smile then I can enjoy the fact that my positive expression continues to honestly reflect what I feel. My half-smirky smile, imperfect but true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Son, Your smile has always been a blessing to me and your eyes are still very blue, You are my handsome goodlooking son and no one can change those thoughts I Love your blogs they make me smile, Have a wonderful day and keep on bloging., Love Mom