Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Reading Words (#54)

Reading words has been the greatest act of learning for me. Since I was young and learned how to read I have been faithful at intentionally reading something as a need I enjoy. At this stage of my life the material I read is more recreational and less instructional, however there is still a good mix. Just wrapping my mind around the printed word seems to give me hope that at any moment some thought will enter my life and move me to a new and better life experience. The premise that reading is a form of communication is only the beginning of that truth. Reading is a form of communication that can be deeply rich and informative on most every idea ever written. Reading allows us to form ideas and opinions about our personal and public concerns. When we are better informed we tend to make decisions and act on those decisions with the hope that we have given due diligence. Life is constantly evolving in a progressive way and reading helps us to stay abreast of these comprehensive changes. If my option to read is important enough for me to value then my argument for reading should reflect that. Simply, but powerfully influencial, reading teaches, updates, and entertains me like no other medium that I chose.

No comments: