Friday, March 13, 2009

The shortness of life (#42)

When I was young I had no perspective on how long of a duration my life would be. The thought of not living an incredibly long time never was part of any calculation I gave thought toward. I am fifty three years old and I am astonished at how quickly my life has passed to this point. Time is not some slow moving phenomenon. Time is constant and relentless in its continuum. How fortunate I am to be able to stop my daily thinking to allow for an overview of my life to this point. The analysis of my past life, I attempt to evaluate, will never be purely accurate but generally I can see that my values were not cohesive or directed correctly. Through analysis, I get a snapshot of what I am allowing me, to project as me. This projection of what is me, is of value to me because I hope to have begun to organize and incorporate principles of worth. Worth in the sense of honestly displaying characteristics in the best sense of good and great. I don't pretend to have accomplished much in my previous fifty years but my intent and motivation today is to live up to standards respected and admired as valuable. Fortuituously, I now recognize and accept that life really is too short.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Son, I felt like i had to comment on your life is to short, Yes it certainly is to short Its too bad we don't always see this when we are young and treasure every moment of this presious gift that has been given to us but as we get older we begin to realize how special this gift is and am very grateful for every day we have. Love Mom