Friday, March 6, 2009

What's in the mirror? (#35)

The one human I have any control over is me. I don't have total control but enough control to effect most things within my immediate surroundings. When I look into the mirror the person I see is ordinarily normal about most things, where I begin to stray from normalcy is in my approach toward living my life. I feel certain that everyday I wake up is a bonus day. I have been so fortunate to have survived my learning, formative years. I had lived a rough, hard, fast life squeezing out all possible exciting experiences available to me. Unlike looking into the mirror, looking back on my past behavior is both scary and embarrassing. Looking into the mirror today, I see not so much the physical person but the principled man whose intent is to be the strong virtuous example for those who are in my life. As our human species is prone to making mistakes along the way, I make my share, but not intentionally. I honestly attempt to do the right and honorable thing as normally as I breathe the air. My behavior is at my mercy, how I behave is my choice. Hopefully the image you see of me will be the one I see in the mirror.

No comments: