Friday, April 10, 2009

Fasting and all that. (#70)

Today I started my third full day of not eating food. I have had decaffeinated coffee with creamer, a small glass of orange juice with my daily vitamin and of course water. For some of you who know me I have been a vegetarian for over a year and have used becoming a vegetarian to help me in my weight loss endeavors. Recently I had a day of eating well above my apportioned amount and this fasting is in response to that. I gave in to some food, not meat, I had been craving and enjoyed an ample amount of it. Now however, I am reinforcing my diet back to a leaner regimen. I do this because I had stabilized at a weight and was having a difficult time focusing on my steady weight loss ambition. The curious part about my one day splurge is that it made feel physically uncomfortable and mentally deflated. I suppose this episode served as a reminder to me that the temptation I was undergoing before I gave into the excess food splurge helped me to get more focused and motivated toward continuing my weight loss mission. If there is a moral to this story of my weight loss struggle it's that even when I fail at a part of something I can use that failure to reinvigorate my quest to continue toward success in a more motivated way. Redouble my efforts so to speak. As for the fasting? A good time to practice denying any further illusory taste bud temptations.

No comments: