Saturday, April 11, 2009

Only what's in front of Me (#71)

As complicated as the world is I know that my intelligence is only good up to the point of what's in front of me. If you ask me I consistently say the same thing, I don't know. It is OK to say I don't know, when, I don't know. When I was young I always admired the sage wise man image and hoped that at some day I would be able to grow into one myself, well that appears not to be the case simply because I was way too selfish growing up and didn't dedicate myself to learning and listening. Like most things in my life I wasn't willing to put in the effort to attain something the correct way. A lot of times I felt I was special and could shortcut the hard, correct way for my easier, gifted one. Now that I have matured and realize that we are all gifted and special, the hard correct way was the way I should have done everything. I wasn't a total self-conscious unaware fallible person, some things I did the hard and correct way, but too few to ever qualify me as a credible sage and insightful human being. Like anything though, I have begun to improve in my insights and my instincts are good. So I may not be a sage wise man, but I do know what's going on in front of me and maybe a little bit beyond. The journey of my life continues and maybe through some luck, hard work and consistency I might just become someone whom I can be proud of in helping myself and others know what's going on around us.

No comments: