Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day (#100)

It is fitting that my 100th blog posting should fall on mother's day. The one person in my life who inspires me with a kind word of encouragement every time I talk with her. Throughout my life her hopes for making my world better than the one she lives is a constant. My mother bore the childbirth of eight of us children with each one taking a little more of her with us. Physically, the toll of just childbirth has been significant. She has endured however with a faith to be admired. Humility seems to be her stock in trade, a worthy quality. If my mother has a character flaw it's that she cares too much. I can't say enough about her courage and benevolence in keeping with the greater hopes and realities for those she loves and cares about. Life has not been easy for my mother but it has been a blessing for her. She has long ago found the joy of grace and applied it's principles to her life. I care about what a person thinks not what they have. What my mother thinks is more important to me than anything else in creation. We don't always agree nor should we but the value of knowing how she feels on most any subject continues to be a treasure for me to hold. I am fortunate that my mother is still with me as I continue the journey of life and appreciate more everyday that priceless gift. Happy Mother's Day Mom, words are just not enough to tell you how much I love You.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You Son, The tears are flowing what a joy it is to have a Son who cares enough about you to put it in words, and I Love You more than you will ever know.Mama

Caroline said...

oh man....all i can say is gentle tears flow deeply......i love you