Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Purity of Love (#96)

Love is the one emotion I have experienced that absolutely makes me feel whole. I have no other experience with an emotion that captures the essence of my being. I have experienced powerful emotions such as paralyzing fear, great pride and tremendous joy. Not one of those is on the level with a type of perfect love. I use paralyzing fear as an example of an emotion that is inversely related to love in only a limited way. When I had been stricken with fear it was only for a moment and then through courage I was able to conquer the fear. With love, there is no amount of courage that can conquer a love that grips my being. Why would I want to conquer it anyway? Love is a gift, a special sensation attached to how my physical self operates. Never would I have thought that a feeling I could have would so dominate how I act or think on such a comprehensive level. I am only describing the good fortune I am lucky enough to have within me. How that translates to everything outside of me, including the subject of my love is not for me to control. I hope and pray that what I have been given is not wasted on me. If for no other reason I can give a meager description to it and hope to convey its purity so that anyone so fortunate to also feel love will know what an absolute perfect gift it is.

No comments: