Monday, June 29, 2009

Another new day to make a mark in life (#150)

I am very fortunate to know that people in my life care about me and want to help me when they learn that I have a need. I am reluctant to ask for help and usually don't. But times happen when I am forced to ask for help. It is at these times that I find help almost everywhere I seek it. I have been a giver of myself and my resources for most of my life, (might explain why I need help occasionally myself), part of my nature is to help others when their need is immediate. I have a very casual attitude about being ambitious for the purpose of satisfying superficial desires or to present a false facade of being something I am not. I have discovered that the most desirous fulfillment does not come from riches but rather by experiencing the goodness of life through conquering the bad. In other words, helping others when they need help and feeling the appreciation they express. How humbling and how rewarding that some minor part I may play in their lives has such a special and significant expression attached to it. The quality of my life is what I want in quantity. Things, will never replace in importance the interaction available with the human spirit. I have learned through trial and error that my goodwill can only be given where the goodwill can be appreciated and not manipulated. I only have so much goodwill resource I can give, so I must discern it's proper usage. Time has been my ally in this and I have been able to judge where I shouldn't offer my goodwill. Careful observation of my surroundings and the ability to listen have aided me in determining my ability to judge. Like-minded people often attract toward each other and as long as my purpose to live with a high standard of principles remains focused I expect to be surrounded by those who feel the same way. Every day we get another chance to improve our lives and make our mark in the history of mankind.

No comments: