Friday, June 5, 2009

Don't Doubt Yourself (#126)

I have lost track of the amount of times I have questioned the sanity or realism of feelings or thoughts I have had because I felt that somehow what I think or feel is of no significant value. There is a line out there somewhere that distinguishes between possibility and fantasy. I never know where that line is and probably never will. The only register I have is what I think or feel. Well, given that I must not doubt what I think or feel as being something less or wrong that what it truly is, I must forge ahead with the confidence that I matter and so do my senses and thoughts. I owe to myself a careful examination of both thoughts and feelings with an objective process that includes other's opinions and points of view. What I must never do is abdicate the final decision I have about some matter that leaves the end result to the game of chance. I must stand firm and protect my thoughts and feelings if I find them honest and honorable with no harm coming to others because of them. Time has a way of allowing doubt to involve itself in my life. I must recognize that nothing in this world comes easy and that anything worth having and holding dear has a cost to pay in maybe eventually obtaining it. Fate also has it's place in events and will not be denied. However, my destiny, if it is mine will be determined by my ability to know what is happening with me and standing by those things that I know are right and true.

No comments: