Thursday, June 25, 2009

The education of humanity (#146)

I love learning. Learning is a pleasure to participate in. More than anything else, it is the most important conscious event that fuels my desire to continue living in this world. I am fortunate that I was born into existence at this time when learning is advocated publicly by most people. The opportunities to continue learning are all around me. Not just systematic learning but individual efforts to educate myself about subjects easy to access and/or hard to understand. If learning were held in contempt and not allowed in a society I was born into, I would struggle and fight for it's right to be allowed. The life experience is always better in hope than it is in reality. My attempt to leave this world with a better hope is founded in what I make of my reality. Learning gives me the choices and possibilities to make decisions that can help me advance the principles I would hope to leave after I am gone. Every life must be cared for in at least a basic humanitarian way. The ego of humankind must be funneled into protecting all of life instead of only protecting selected individual ones. This will only come about when the prejudices and biases have been properly vanquished. We must see each other as precious, unique individual miracles. Nothing less will work.

No comments: