Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Guiding of Our Purpose (#134)

What is it that gives us our impetus to exclaim our desires? For what purpose is our rush to help when no one is calling for help. How are we driven to stand and rail against whatever is bothering us? Inside us somewhere is a notion of truth that is being ignored or falsified in some way that provokes our sense of duty to rebut it. I have found myself in positions of determined confrontation on subjects, then sometime later realized that I was not fully informed because I failed to consider all the facts surrounding the idea I was attempting to protect. I have learned that it is important not to rush to judgements before I give due consideration before I stand up and announce some principle I wish to discuss or defend. Life may appear simple on the surface but many complexities underlie circumstances within life that make any judgement on behalf of them more difficult than through cliche or one-liners. I submit that reflection on issues with as many facts or reasonings possible help to expand the debate toward a comprehensive position, whatever way that may be. I also appreciate good honest debate on issues and the conclusions that are reached by them, respecting someone's opinion based on thoroughness of evaluation is admirable. What I will never respect are decisions based upon prejudice or ignorance. I have a duty to stand and rail against injustice and manipulation of people and ideals when they are being assaulted for improper gain or bad motive. It is nice to have a purpose.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Holy S!#t......love this...made me feel like "as a matter of fact" xoxoxoxoxoxoxo