Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My mind is greater than my body (#131)

I am just really getting a clue to my feeble limitations. I had such an aggressive schedule planned for myself concerning my latest project and of course I once again did not allow any time for the unexpected. So naturally what I thought would only take four days took all of six days instead. Somehow I need to divorce my forward expectations from my present abilities. I know why I am having such a time of it, it is because I still think with the youthful vigor of a fresh new mind when in reality I'm operating with a nearly fifty-four year old body. I am almost fifty-four, just writing it twice still leaves me in utter disbelief. Time is an unusual phenomenon in that it takes it's toll on my body but has no effect on my minds hubris. Tricky deal there. Well, writing out in the open about how I am is a sort of tonic for me in that I am, right now, able to begin to adjust my perception on the disconnect that exists between two very distinct parts of myself. I am not necessarily one person who is defined by one particular way of thought or action but instead I am susceptible to being defined in probably more than one way concerning thought and action. What needs to happen for me is a cautious approach to everything in my life so that I may be able see more clearly what my capabilities truly do represent. I have spent the first half of my life attempting to accomplish things in a hurried fashion and must now slow that way of action down enough to let my body keep up with my mind. Life is complicated enough without this new twist of complication now permeating my ability to function in a predictable and honestly fair way; such is my dilemma.

No comments: