Tuesday, June 16, 2009

To tell the Truth (#137)

If you ever wonder how I come up with my topics of discussion, well simply put, the topic is either at the forefront of my mind or I sit at the keyboard do a prayer then a little meditation and then just start typing about the first topic that comes to mind. Nothing special about it. Today is one of those little prayer kind of days. What came to mind was that if I stick to talking and telling the truth in a way that is sensitive-to and protective-of others' feelings and trust, then my life will sail along without me creating chaos out of it. I know the difference between living in an honest way with a purpose of good conviction and living in an expedient way with my own gratification as my only objective. The latter is self-indulgence at any cost with little hope of lasting and the former is how I have come to learn, the hard way I might add, is most rewarding in the sense that I get to be involved in friendship and family relationships which give me the greatest of rewards; A little respect for me as a human being. I guess all I have ever wanted is to be treated as someone worthy of companionship. By treating others in the same manner I complete the circle of the type of relationships I desire. We all have faults, me especially because I live with mine up-close but I refuse to consider faults when I engage with others. We all have virtues and promise and hope for the better and best attributes we have yet to express. These are what I consider when I converse, meet or otherwise relate to those who cross my path. I thoroughly enjoy the direction of my life today because it all premises itself on me telling the truth.

1 comment:

joanne said...

Son You have found the answer to real peace in your life the truth is the only way Love mom