Friday, July 3, 2009

Just making myself available (#154)

It is so natural for me to think about what is or isn't going on in my life. Most people would probably assume that their own self should be their main concern. To a degree that would be true as far as keeping oneself alive and healthy is concerned. Beyond that though I start to move away from thinking of myself, toward thinking of others who would appreciate me doing something for them. It is in this simple switch of my focus that I find a peaceful feeling that takes me away from my constant worry of myself. It is somewhat an oxymoron, that in thinking and doing for someone else, that I am actually doing just exactly what I am supposed to be doing for myself. The old saying that good things happen to those who do good, rings with a truth I am finding more often than not. There is also a feeling that overcomes me of such content that life is again very clearly visible to me. Like being a child again and seeing the world through the fresh hopeful eyes of a boy who knows no bounds as to what life could be like. To me, I have found a metaphorical fountain of youth, a way to experience joy and hopefulness in such a completely satisfying manner. The universe is such a vast and complex existence, but I believe I have unlocked a bit of it's mystery when I help or make myself available to another soul when they are in need of me. What a sense of a human actually being, human. Everything we do on Earth in order to live together is busy work, toward maintaining a secure and ordered life, but expressing care and showing action toward care is the emotional lift that makes the life experience worth every second of living.

No comments: