Sunday, July 5, 2009

My happiness was inside my hope (#156)

I am content in that I am able to make friends easily and enter into their lives with such ease. I know how guarded I was about strangers I met, but somehow, things are different now. There is a particular reason for my feeling this way and it has to do with the a general consciousness that exists in my life. I am sure I am not the only one who has a fresh outlook on life, but I can only speak personally about my own. Initially the first inkling came about because of the way we cast our ballots last year in the Presidential election. Somehow a sense of hope was within me not since the days of John F. Kennedy. I was very young but aware of the impact he had on my parents. Then later the significance of his brother Robert and a civil rights leader named Martin. All of that climaxed by successfully landing on the Moon. Forty years and more ago I had this same kind of hopeful, enthusiastic feeling about the good chances our country was on the verge of creating and the great opportunities for all humans to join into and emulate. I have the same feelings now which make it so easy for me to want to make new friends and share with them in this hope I feel. I know how things can be difficult to believe in since so many times before hopes have been dashed by the insane and unfortunate. Regardless of the negative, I am content in that I can continue to make a difference whether others can or will to. I am so happy that I have found my happiness. It was locked away inside the hope I haven't felt for four decades.

No comments: