Wednesday, July 8, 2009

There are no shortcuts in life (#159)

I can't tell you how many times I have tried to find an easier way of doing things. I don't know what was in me that drove me to thinking and acting on the impulse to get things done quicker or easier. Probably the egotistical part of me that told me I was better than everyone else therefore I should and could do things in a more enlightened way. Well my ego has been duly placed back in it's shell where it belongs not to see the light of day for what I hope is the rest of my lifetime. It has been my experience that doing things in the correct order applying any adjustments necessary through the process gets me to completion faster and more efficiently than any shortcut I ever remember trying. This lesson I learned the hard way, through my own personal experience, not using shortcuts is now the way I attempt to practice achievement in all facets of my life. Shortcuts are for extreme emergencies when applicable, or toward working out a long term solution to fluid processes with trial and error and for the foolish. Extreme emergencies rely on fast acting and quickly getting to a result, shortcuts may be necessary. Trial and error for the betterment of ergonomics or new improved ideas over the long run prove positive worthiness. Foolishness is just what it is, foolishness. Shortcuts to get a desired result, less critical emergency or long term improvement, are choices of less than honorable intent. Specifically, I am referring to the mindset that drives us to somehow cheat to accomplish the same thing that others appropriately achieve through doing things the correct way.

No comments: