Wednesday, July 1, 2009

To figure it all out (#152)

I have not figured it all out and I will never do so in my lifetime. I have figured out how to live my life to the satisfaction of myself. I am easy to satisfy and maybe that makes what I know very simple and overstated. That is exactly where the truth lies for me however, in the simple and overstated. Simple, because awareness to my surrounding environment is a gift from some unknown force that has brought me into it. Overstated, because all those things that have consistently been stated to me over and over again relate to the high principles of honor, justice, goodness, etc.... Having spent the majority of my life looking beyond these two paradigms I have come to understand that when the hard work of accepting them as truth and putting them to action is when a sense of fulfillment caresses my soul. The expectancy of a higher forceful power and an aggressive protection and practice of the best that the principles of enlightened peaceful beings would theoretically exhibit, I have found a lifelong endeavor to apply to my hopes and actions. These two convergent ideals keep me at peace and constantly aware of attempting to employ their virtues such that I am bone weary from the attempt to hold them in a moment to moment reality. I am such a happy tired man. When I ache and hurt in just maintaining my ideals, a feeling of powerful accomplishment settles within me making any perceived sacrifice on my part more like a privileged duty that has been fulfilled.

No comments: