Sunday, July 12, 2009

The truth within us. (#163)

Every one of us has the truth deep down inside us. A place where I seldom go unless some stark occurrence lands me there. This place is where my heart finds all the answers to my questions whether good answers or not. For me this is the place that I call home. All the truth I know and feelings I have are at this place. There is a comfort and sanctity at this place I call the home of me and it is enveloped and permeated with purity. No falsehood or lie can exist here nor any ill will. This is the place that defines who I am, that guides my being toward a correct direction. All the things I believe are good and right exist within me in this place I call my home. I spend some time thinking about things and reacting to things without so much as a thought to how I feel deep down inside of me about them. I catch myself on cruise control at times and it bothers me that I can be so cavalier about what I am doing in my life without practicing due diligence to my thoughts and feelings. My home place where all the goodness and compassion of me lives is what I absolutely need if I am to exist the way I know is the best of who I am. Again I say, life is too short to be doing anything other than trying to be the best person I can be all the time. It is OK to fail as long as I try, to the best of my ability, and never quit trying. Deep down inside of me is the answer to all things that matter and I hope to spend more time knowing the truth within me.

No comments: