Monday, August 31, 2009

All of us are family (#213)

How come I am able to see that we are all family when I was unable to do this in my past? One simple answer, I know who I am now. The questions that dominated my thinking always led me to a place where I was the center of things. Since I could be the center then all things were necessarily, directly or indirectly, about me. I have since learned that we are all equal and capable of thinking of ourselves as the center of things. This does make it difficult for me to continue to think that I am at the center of all things. Logic is my friend and ally now, so logically if we are all equal then we are all at the center of things together. We are all family. I needed to have an ego in the past because of the inadequacies I carried around about myself. This ego is not necessary anymore since I have good information that we all feel inadequate at times. Without the need for my ego I have found a contentment in my soul that makes me happy to know that we are all at the center of things. I like the company and the selflessness within me begins to feel the satisfaction associated with sharing in and with other people's lives. The miracle of life continues to astound me. I am amazed at the reality of sensation and reason. The perfectness of knowing who I am has been the saving grace of my life. I am just so fortunate to be a part of this existence and all the the other souls and wonders that inhabit it.

No comments: