Wednesday, August 5, 2009

God (#187)

I recently had a chance to talk to a man about how my spirituality was going. I told him that I have accepted the fact that spirituality in my life is a settled issue. I also told him that I was happy and that my internal happiness is ultimately a significant goal for me to achieve. He told me that he was still seeking spirituality and asked me how I came to accept spirituality. What I told him was that I have come to a place in my life where I don't waste time doubting the existence of spirituality of a God or some Creator form. The evidence all around me in life forms and terrestrial observances have settled the issue for me in a way I was never able to conclude before. The miracle of existence and all that is within it hasn't changed so much as I have changed in my evaluation of it. Previously, I would have said that existence is random and could have come about on it's own. I held this position for a long time. What has changed for me is that between the life forms and the terrestrial landscape there is an exquisite observable harmony, which makes it impossible for me to conclude that random or chaotic events could have been infinitely complex enough to have generated, and then nurtured, into a continuing process, the present delicate balance our existence maintains. Then I told him the most basic and fundamental of my reasons to believe in some higher level of order, it feels right in my gut. My gut is the tell all with me. It is where all things come to me in such an emotional way that to pass my gut "test" goes a long way toward me accepting the "test" as true for me. And simply, I am happy. Accepting a God or Creator in the form of spirituality, not like in the normal human dogmatic manner, but in a satisfying one that has given me a happiness that fills my life with goodness.

No comments: