Tuesday, August 25, 2009

One step at a time (#207)

Like all things in life for me, one step at a time. I find that keeping to a subject until it is completed is the best policy for me. When I try to do two or more things concurrently I rarely have the insight to manage them with the clarity they deserve. I have long ago rationalized that I am not special enough to be greater in my humanity than anyone else. I am not Superman or that Genius guy, I am just the ordinary fellow who wishes to make the best of the talents I have within my limitations. I might have one quality that stands out among many adequate qualities and that would be my determination to finish what I start. I have a bull-dogged mentality about fruition and it's satisfaction when accomplished. Nose to the wheel with focus on the subject at hand. My best is in the present when I have this approach. It is difficult at times when I have success with many subjects in a row, I find myself becoming emboldened to take on more than one subject at a time. Rarely have I been able to succeed with their accomplishments to my personal standards. The memories of past unfulfilled deeds has been a good and constant check in my life which keeps me from attempting to perform the same disappointing form of denial. I have a peace about me which doesn't answer to any master except itself. I am not what I wish I was, I am what I am, which is pretty cool to me. I like me and appreciate who I am. I don't have any need to be more than myself. Which leads me back to how I approach life, one step at a time.

No comments: