Saturday, August 8, 2009

Truth telling (#190)

Tell the truth and let the present and the future be what it is truly supposed to be. The simple way to live life. No lies, no omissions of truths or lies, just tell the truth and let everything be what it is. When my present slips into the past I want to be able to focus on the present and future not the truth or validity of what my past experience is or is not. I know a man who was a tree logger who used to say that the best way to do anything is to do it right, that way you never have to go back to fix it. The simple life. Our human natures are fundamentally, or in another word, simply good. Trusting to let our natures be revealed to all is difficult because of the survival instinct to not open ourselves to being exposed or vulnerable. Difficulty, no matter in what area of our lives, is an obstacle to be overcome. "What we obtain to cheaply, we esteem to lightly"-Thomas Paine. The inverse of this quote from Mr. Paine is equally true. Overcoming difficulty is such a reward because whenever the struggle is mighty the victory over it is deeply satisfying. I feel a harmony within myself when I am simply honest. This harmony extends to my relationships and to the Planet that I live on. I have found a path worthy of following and it starts by being honest and living honestly.

No comments: