Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy in my own skin (#248)

This is my theme for the day. Happy in my own skin. It has taken me most of my life to date to finally reflect on the fact that I am not anxious about who I am or what I am. I am me. Nothing special but totally unique. I am not worried about what you think of me, again, I am not worried about what you think of me. Life is too short and and I have things I want to see and do and say. The only entity that I temper my humility towards is the Universe. All things. Pretty cool. I am judged by everything and everything is my master. There is a calm within me in accepting that I am required to be the best I have in me. Granted these are my own personal standards. Kind of circular how I did that, I mean I am comfortable in my own skin as long as I am held accountable by everything. It fits my natural instinct of compassion and curiosity to perfection. I have always been my own worst critic, now I can be my own worst critic with the expectation that I must and will stand behind the principles of good and fair without doubt in myself or through superficial criticisms from others. I am free to be me without fear. I like who I am and I am not ashamed of who I am. I am not special, just unique, that is all I can say about me. The rest of what I am can be judged by all those who wish to judge who I am. I am glad that after all these years I have found my soul and not found it lacking. What time I have left on this Planet is all just a pleasure, a privilege to be part of an existence that allows for thought to be expressed and senses to be enjoyed.

No comments: