Saturday, October 10, 2009

The people we meet (#253)

I have had the privilege of meeting many people who have become so memorable in my mind. I suppose it is a combination of character and principle that stands out the most. I know that we are all unique and individual in our own right, but some of the people I have met have left an imprint on me that is eternal to who I am because they came into my life. It is amazing to me that there are times that I don't recognize them initially when I encounter them but upon further self-examination I conclude their significance for what it truly is. I wish I was more computer-like in being able to assimilate and evaluate information in a constant present state, but that is not how I am hard-wired. The fact that I eventually collate all my thoughts into a consortium of ideas is what I have to live with. Regardless, I am still impressed by the variety of souls who pass through my life. It is my contention that we all help to make each other who we are by being ourselves. We have the ability, if we choose, to recognize the best of others and try to emulate those best traits where we need them into our lives. If all I get are memories of the individuals who have crossed my path then lucky me for that small smile I reveal when I put those thoughts to reflection. I can never say this enough, what an honor it is for me to be in existence and know how much I truly appreciate all the good that existence has to offer.

No comments: