Thursday, November 5, 2009

Anticipation as motivation (#279)

It is not always possible to be motivated at a high level for long periods of time. There are mornings where the rigors of the preceding days have hit a plateau for me and I am not quite able to sustain a consistent vitality. I am relentless in my search for motivation at these times in order to reestablish my usual zest for living. A tactic I find competent is the thought of some anticipated event that is forthcoming in my near future. I grasp this concept with anticipation of it's arrival. In doing so a motivation of expectation fills me with a sensation of excitement and thus provides me with a lift to my spirits and a vitality level which brings more happiness to my thoughts. I am not natural to being an eternal optimist or always being upbeat. I am human and have the same human frailty's we all share in at times. I will not languish in human frailty for long and I am consistently searching for ways to present my thought that life is a gift and I am humbled in being a human life in existence. It is critical then to have goals or plans in the future to strive toward. I don't have to hit those goals or conclude those plans with absolute control but generally I hope to move forward toward them with my best efforts. Just having a thought toward the future of some anticipated reality gears me up to get through those days where my usual motivation for living is not at the threshold I need it to be.

No comments: