Friday, November 13, 2009

I am a witness to my life (#287)

I am a witness to my life. What that means is that I am aware of what is happening to and around me. What will be the true story of my life? I know that my decisions about what I am and am to be is crucial in deciding my story. The emotions within me are secondary to the good I can be apart of in my life. By saying my emotions are secondary, I mean to describe that reality in life has a greater priority to the wants and desires I have for myself on a personal level. I understand that my feelings about how I feel is of lesser concern to me than the stark, painful circumstances I see in my little view of the world. The negation of selfishness in my life is a continual battle that can only be won on a daily basis. I hope that eventually selfishness will become so insignificant in my life that it will have no power to influence my actions. It is amazing to me how I am able to maintain a level of consciousness about my ambition to become a better man. It would be so easy to follow the same old patterns of behaviour that have existed in full previously in my life. I am honored that I have found a peace within my life that allows me to change the person of myself into a person I wish I had already become. I have been given an insight that allows me to see that I am not who I need to be. It is necessary for me to maintain this peaceful existence, since I have been gifted with a vision of it. I am the witness to my life and the little I have achieved toward it is stimulating and invigorating in the sense that I need more.

No comments: