Friday, November 27, 2009

It is in the hard that we find ourselves (#301)

For myself, I find that when things get hard for me I can either quit or keep going. Of course it is never that simple. Generally though, when I find that a situation has gotten difficult and I am beyond normal routine, I still focus a little harder on the subject at hand and push as hard as I can toward a conclusion. I seldom give in to the old behavior I used to accept and stop doing whatever it was I was doing because it got difficult and I could just tell myself that fate must not want me to continue. That was not true thinking on my part. I can control my fate by being a stronger more principled person and follow through on choices I have made. The outcomes are never within my total control but my behavior and actions are within my control. The satisfaction that comes with accomplishment is dear. It propels my senses into a clarity that I seldom find without having earned the privilege. I only know this much about how not to quit on something I know is right; I will fail myself and who I am trying to become if I let difficult struggle bypass without giving everything I have to face and conquer it. Therefore, the next logical step is to face all my difficulties with the same determination to succeed and not quit. I can always tell when the hard is upon me, it makes everything seem impossible or undo-able. It is then that my faith kicks in and an extra surge of motivation comes upon me. I am now getting used to not quitting and I am comfortable with the cognition that I can be stronger than the hard when it inevitably enters my domain.

No comments: