Friday, November 20, 2009

It is not about me (#294)

Regardless of how things appear, my life is not my main concern. Yours is, and the future lives yet to be born. I am constantly reminded of this by my own self when I start to feel emotional about things happening in my life. Now it may also appear that my true nature is more selfish than I want it to be but that is not accurate. My previous behavior has been inculcated deeply within me and the behavior change I am experiencing is what I am expressing as being constantly reminded. The introspection I am writing about that I apply to myself is not unusual to humanity. We as a species have been introspective since before we began to record our own history. Introspection is common to all of us. Where I may take introspection to a different place within me is that I have already considered myself as not part of the future. In other words I write and talk as if I have already left existence. My youth has passed me by and the rest of what I am will be used in a more constructive way. The most constructive way I feel is for me to be totally selfless. Being in a state of constant selflessness is difficult because I am in reality still alive. Outside of that little conundrum I am finding it easier for me to stay objective and rationalize how our future can look without me being in the equation. The one tool I have that is a vast array of possibilities is my mind. In using my mind to construct and theorize about what could be in the best interests of humanity is a control I am still allowed to utilize. The greatest gift I can serve to humanity is what I can realize and idealize as the better and best principles that humanity has to offer. Not what humanity can offer to me.

No comments: