Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Keeping it real (#277)

I have gotten to the point in my life where there is so much manipulation and strategy for some many things I am involved with that I am at peace. I am at peace because I don't employ strategy or manipulation as a tool to achieve an outcome. My contentment surrounding the turmoil of advantage gained, is that I just keep it real. The outcome will be what it is then I can move one way or the other based on it. Of course I must always temper the truth of my speech with tact and diplomacy but never to the extent toward convolution of the content of my speech. The honorable man I am striving to become would expect no less than the truth. My ideals concerning finance and occupation must be kept at the level I respect and wish to demonstrate. I only have myself to live with and the compromising of myself and my values for temporary satisfaction or gain is not to be allowed. This is where the peace comes in that I have about what the world has to offer versus what I wish for my own personal growth. This is no match since in my past I have sought the illusion of success through any means. Today, success for me comes in the form of how well do I reflect the principles of honor and justice through the practice and action of compassion and curiosity. My inner growth toward being a better example of humanity, and humanity's best instincts and cognition's, is the only value I will consider worthy of my definition of success.

No comments: