Sunday, November 8, 2009

Making myself slow down once in awhile (#282)

I find it absurd that I have to write about this but apparently I am absurd. Lol, seems logical anyway. I am constantly trying to think of something to do when the most important thing I can do right now is rest and relax my mind. I am in the process of turning off the television, no radio just silence and the sound of nature around me. I have been working a fast paced work project and this time at home right now is for me to rest and reinvigorate. I am learning that resting is somewhat difficult since I have trained myself to stay busy. I must become more flexible in how I approach life and the many different circumstances that occur. I can be lazy but not for very long then I need a task to perform with some kind of physical action. The most important reminder I have right now is that I am still tired, emotionally, mentally and physically. Until I have retrieved the vigor I had when I started this project I am not doing myself or anyone around me any good. This morning I was privileged to have a group discussion about the benefit of meditation. I am glad that I have, within my life, people who talk about things that I need to hear. I am so appreciative of others who share similar circumstances concerning subjects that help me to decide how to implement them into my life. slowing down and resting or relaxing is one of the very many subjects I need to address in my life.

No comments: