Friday, November 6, 2009

On the subject of being natural (#280)

Being natural is a very difficult description to attempt to make. I was hesitant to post on this subject, however when I find that I am unsure about something the best result for me is to take it on. I won't start with a question, instead I will try to describe how being natural manifests itself with me. In the morning, like it is now for me, my mind is immediately engaged in thoughts that are currently of priority for my day. My body is another story. My body is like it most always is, instinctual. By that I mean that my body does it's own voluntary and involuntary reactions to the stimuli present at the moment. In a sense, metaphorically, I am two halves of different processes. One half, logic/reason and the other half, instinctual behavior. That is the origin of my being natural today. Since this cognitive/behavior action displayed on my part is how I am then I can feel assured that this is my natural state. I have controls over how I allow, my instinctual and logical processes, to apply themselves but I have no control over the fact that they will proceed in my life. Time is the formula I use to dictate how I want and hope my thoughts and physical actions to present themselves. It is noteworthy that I, again I, have only some control over both halves of myself. I am responsible for both however, and seek to constantly address how they are observed by myself and others. Being natural for me is a trial and error situation combined with my own expectations of what I wish to be. I know it sounds like I am being artificial instead of natural but I am not naturally without reason. Therefore being natural for me is a learned process based upon how I want my life to exist for me and what expectations I have for how I am observed by others.

No comments: