Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Perspective (#278)

Enlightenment comes from having added some thought or action to an already established concept that changes that concept into another form. Perspective is when you see something simple change into something different. Or something complex change into something simple. Literally, perspective is a viewpoint. The definition of perspective I am trying to get at is the one where objectivity is the logical sequence of experience or cognition. As a young man I saw most everything in the simple form of right or wrong. As I have matured and added perspective I see things as mixtures of both right and wrong. Perspective is a learned premise. It is a viewpoint with many conclusive possibilities. The genius of having an objective perspective is that it allows for logic to work. Logic is not foolproof, but it is consistent in balancing and weighing possibilities as to their priority. My desire to never stop learning is based entirely on the fact that I live for only a short period of time, relatively, and this existence is both abundant with discoverable knowledge and unknown knowledge yet to be identified. I am continually humbled by my presence here in existence. The power(s) that made my presence a life, as a human being, with behavior and cognition control have my eternal gratitude. As I continue to grow as a student within existence I continue to add to my perspective about our society of humanity. History shows me that enlightenment occurs when curiosity is employed. My life shows me that enlightenment within myself occurs when I continue to question and wonder about the things I have yet to discover.

No comments: