Saturday, November 21, 2009

The power of magic (#295)

Magic for me is when great possibilities meet at the same time. It is like a convergence of appropriately placed events. I am not referring to trickery or supernatural, just serendipity at it's finest. It is a lot like to people falling in love with each other, magical. I still am and always will be a romantic of some form or of some degree. I say that because I believe in the power of magic and it happening all around me. If I am to believe in anything it should be in the wonder and awesomeness of great good things. I would like to think that providence has a hand in making magic but alas it is just more likely coincidence. If it is coincidence then helping coincidence along is my next thought. Being vigilant and expectant without losing hope is also necessary to optimize the chance for magic to happen for me and possibly for others. My experience as a human being should be full of the wishes and dreams that can come true and also have some wishes and dreams that may never come true. Hope is all I ask for, the end results will still be what they are but holding out for some magical moment is a good thing. The inner yearning that is associated with having magic happen for me is somewhat unexplainable. I am struggling to put words to the sense I feel about having or anticipating something magical. I will say this, magic is like Christmas morning with presents to unwrap. It is also like a part of fate or destiny yet to be revealed in my life. I am convinced that there are certain magical moments for all of us and hope that we may all experience our magical moments when they appear.

No comments: