Tuesday, November 10, 2009

So many layers of fear to conquer (#284)

I am still unraveling the hidden assumptions I have been making concerning how I live my life. I have not yet tasted true freedom from stereotypes and false premises. I am learning that I have few truly honest views of circumstances and realities I encounter. There seems to be a superficial covering over things that I am having some difficulty seeing through. I am aware of this however and by knowing that I can begin to unravel some of these confusions with a more reflective approach to my thought processes. Particularly, my expectation assumptions are not realistic. They are more heavily weighed toward what others should be doing or thinking instead of what I should be doing or thinking. I am the only one whom I have any control over. I am the one who can effect positive change upon myself through curiosity and logic. I need all aspects of my existence to come into play for me to have the kind of perspective necessary to advance my own growth. What I find is my emotions or my passion dictates at times my logic. This is not the sequence I need to properly understand my overall take on the issues that confront me. Where I need to modify or recalculate is in the area of my decision making process that has an elevated factor based upon heart felt emotion. I need to trust the instinct I have been given in my gut to help define how I feel about the emotional and passionate aspects of circumstances and temper them with objective logic and reasonableness. What I consider and think of circumstances needs to be less about me and more about actual realities and the effect on the population at large.

No comments: