Monday, November 23, 2009

The foundation of being (#297)

The wonder within me has not changed since the day I first started wondering. I have gotten older and in some people's mind I am old. Regardless of others' perceptions I am as young in my soul as I have always been. It is tough that my body has continued to age while my mind continues to stay young. Of course I accept this and expect nothing much to change this process. However, I also do not expect my wonderment of perception to change likewise. It is in my mind where all the real living of my life exists. What is inside of me is what counts not the shell that houses what I am. I try to take care of the shell but it is inside me that the most care is taken in keeping me fresh and updated. My ability to analyze and reason are truly the complexity within me that I find comfort with. Many theorists try to explain the individual state of the human species and our capacity to be unique. I feel that I am many parts working as a whole to form who I am. There are some parts that have less to do with reality and are more of a defense mechanism. There are other parts that deal with how my emotions interpret life situations and their manifestations. For the most part my core parts are my senses, they allow me to collect, sort, analyze, reason and conclude. All these parts have to do with what I am and am becoming. They all share an equal and focused trait which I refer to as curiosity or in this posting, wonder. My blog is concerned with the two traits of humanity I call the foundation of being, compassion and curiosity. These two traits are bridged through the act of survival. As long as I care and wonder and strive to stay alive I am in the youth of my life to the day that I die.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

just what I need Bro Bro!!!!! thank you for that!!!