Thursday, December 17, 2009

Always living in the moment (#321)

Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to the next horizon but as a rule this moment I am in is the one I focus my attention toward. It is the real life living that I am doing at this very moment. I am no different than other species who live where they are at but also have sensors out to protect them from as yet unknown changes. As a species we have conquered the ability to reason and have a whole new way of enjoying life besides just living to survive. It is the ability to reason that makes existence such a wonderful mystery to be alive in. As I continue to build the characteristics of my cognition and behavior toward a fully principled ideal, I get to enjoy the moments of that journey. To let my mind wander to future or past tripping, I actually steal from myself the moments I could have enjoyed just being where I am in time. I make some considerations for past and future when appropriate but not as an exercise but more as a strategy. Now is where I hope to spend most all of my time and bask in the warm gift of life as me.

No comments: