Thursday, December 10, 2009

Gaining my confidence (#314)

I remember when I was much younger, a teenager, I had such a clear amount of confidence in my abilities. I was just teeming with an air of triumph in most all of what I was trying to do. Some how that feeling of confidence has been since then toned down to not much at all. I see now that I am gaining back some of that lost confidence because of the way I am dedicating myself to what I can do best. It is in the focus of my abilities' strength that I find my long-lost confidence. It is also in being principled in how I do what I do best that makes me stand a little taller and look people in the eye because I am speaking from truth and effort. It is amazing that by just doing things right and not always looking for shortcuts I have found my confidence again. The world is a better place with me in it in a confident way than me not being confident. I have a few good traits and one of them being somewhat of a leader. A man who is bold and courageous enough to stand on decisions with principled foundations. When I am at my best I can make good decisions consistently and in respect of others. I care about everyone and I am willing to help all of us get through things. As a leader I would never ask someone to do something I have not already done myself and done well. Having my confidence come back with such clarity today is giving me the opportunity to help many more of us through the things we need to get through.

No comments: