Monday, December 7, 2009

The task of being principled (#311)

Not so easy being principled. When choices that affect the status-quo arise it is difficult to put honor over income. I know this because several times in my life I have been faced with this fact. I have gone both ways in the past and I am sure to expect I will be more consistent in the future. It was easier for me with no other obligations other than myself. Being young also helped in that I would have more time to recover from whatever loss I had to sustain. It was also difficult in that I would have had very little to survive on and chose to swallow my pride and accept my less than honorable fate. Today I have a mindset about the principles I live by, they are my foremost priority. Without my principles being my greatest guide, I am not the man I hope to be. If everything was taken from me because I had decided that the best choice for me took all my income and ended it, I will continue to follow my principles. My principles are the only real thing that I carry with me. Everything else is just extra. Even my life being compromised to the point of coming to an end, my principles will be with me at that end. That is my comfort. I am well satisfied in who I am becoming and I will continue to be what is my destiny, to follow my heart and to give all I have to the wonder and care of my fellow human beings and the rest of life as it exists on this planet Earth.

No comments: