Friday, December 11, 2009

What is going on in my dreams? (#315)

I am often mystified by my dreams. In them I get a sense of reality and expect that they will come true. When I awaken, I realize that I have only been dreaming but the sense of the dream could very well have been in reality. Not all of my dreams are based in reality, some are fantastical with the laws of physics being suspended for me. However, the fantastical ones are rare and are not what I am attempting to describe in this posting. I am referring to the dreams I have where my hopes or wishes have real opportunities to become true. I sometimes think that my dream life is far more real for me than my real life. I am an optimist, I never fully accept the notion that what we see is what we get. I will endure to keep my hopes and wishes as desirous future outcomes, in part, because of the clarity and realness I experience in my dreams. I do not script my dreams and where the script comes from in them is a mystery to me. I would like to think that a higher power is directing me or influencing me toward my desires but I am only conjecturing. I do take them for a sign of something and believe in them as a sort of confirmation. I will continue to wait upon my dreams with an eye toward their possible connection with my hoped for reality.

No comments: