Monday, January 11, 2010

Averting temptation (#346)

This subject is not always very clear in it's presentation to me. I am often behind in noticing that I need to not do something. The reason for this is simple, in my life, I rarely am tempted unless something is actually going great for me. It is when I find some wonderful achievement or success at something does temptation come in either slinking in below my radar or full blown frontal to me. It is like the old saying, "once I think I have something I have lost it." It is important for me to know that this is my modus operandi. It s wise of me to never think I have achieved or that I am due anything. I am just living an attempted good life and good things happen for good people once in awhile. The outcomes that happen in my life are not directly reflected upon any personal success I should claim. It is when I do claim any success that I set myself up for any and all temptations that would tell me I deserve. It is in thinking I deserve that my prideful ego gets to come out and play. Play it will, since I can think I am great in my own mind despite all rational evidence to the contrary. To avert temptation all I have to continue doing is be thankful for being alive and hold hard and fast to the better and best principles of human nature and make them come to fruition in my life.

No comments: