Saturday, January 30, 2010

The mastery of my soul (#365)

Hahahahahahaha. Well I want to attempt to define what I mean by this title. My soul does not really need mastering per se, but in the spirit of what I am trying to explain let's consider it thus. My mind is one entity within me that has a direct link to my soul, however the link appears to be secondary. My soul, in other words, is not the primary concern of my mind. This is an important distinction because my mind acts as the filter for my thoughts and with all the temptations available to me through my five senses, other considerations frequently are weighed more heavily than that of my soul. My soul is my spirit and emotional center. My soul dictates outward that compassion, above all else, is it's primary concern. The conflict arises when my mind attempts to override my soul and establish a different criteria of "sensation experience" as the overriding emotion in my life. This is not uncommon and is an affliction of ego-based thinking since the dawn of human life. Emotional experiences and sensation experiences are two different forms. My emotional experience is brought about by my soul as a validation of it's function. My sensation experience is brought about by my imagination and it's seductive appeal. Emotion is a natural instinct inherited through genetics. Sensation is brought about by environmental factors outside my being. My mind needs to be always aware of the difference between the two and I must remain vigilant to the fact that my soul is more important to me than any temporary sensation that my mind may desire.

No comments: