Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Ostrich effect (#359)

How great is our fear? Will it define who we are when we consider our lives? I am tired of waiting for fear to go away and refuse to have it in my life as anything more than a catalyst to action. Life is what it is regardless of my wish for it to be different. The more I am seeing life as it is the more I am confronted with my own feelings about how life is happening. I am creating in my own mind the best approach for how to live life but to actually change life I must take a part in standing up and staring down those who would continue chaos as if no hope existed. The days of denial, ignorance and burying my head in the sand must end. I am a voice in this existence and raising my voice to protect that which I see needs protecting is at hand today and from now on. So little is left to say about this but I feel the need to reiterate. One person doing one right thing is a beacon to all of those who are looking for leadership in this world. Who among us will take the mantle of standing on principle? I will be one who will give my all to fighting the good fight for a life in existence all humans would be proud to hope for.

No comments: